Your recovery journey starts here
Heroin is a widespread problem that affects people across the country. An addiction to heroin can be tough to talk about or admit, even to the people in your life that care about you. You may even want to quit on your own without any help.
This can be dangerous and even deadly. When you abuse heroin for an extended period, your brain chemistry changes, and you need heroin just to function. When you suddenly stop using heroin, severe withdrawal symptoms can result, including:
- Slowed breathing and heart rate
- Clouded mental functioning
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sedation and drowsiness
- Hypothermia (body temperature lower than average)
- Coma or death (due to overdose)
These withdrawal symptoms are the main reasons why a heroin detox program is the safest way to stop using heroin. At ARIA in West Palm Beach, Florida, we have the resources that you need to end your heroin abuse, including heroin addiction treatment and drug detox. We want your cessation of heroin to be as comfortable as possible. However, you first must decide whether or not you need a heroin detox program.
Do I Need a Heroin Detox Program?
Heroin is an opiate that is processed from morphine and extracted from certain poppy plants. Heroin comes in a white or brownish powder or a black sticky substance known as “black tar heroin.” Often “cut” with other drugs or substances such as sugar or powdered milk. Heroin users are unaware of how much actual heroin is being used, which increases the chances of overdose.
Heroin is one of the most dangerous drugs available and produces side effects such as:
- Constricted pupils
- Falling asleep suddenly
- Slow breathing
- Loss of self-control
- Nausea or vomiting
If you are unsure if you require a heroin detox program, ask yourself the following:
- Are you unable to meet family, work, or school obligations due to heroin use?
- Are you experiencing sudden mood swings or bursts of anger?
- Are you “doctor shopping,” which is going to multiple doctors to get heroin?
- Are you isolating yourself from friends or family?
- Are you experiencing legal or financial issues because of your heroin use?
- Are you more concerned with using heroin than any other aspect of your life?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, a heroin detox program might be just what you need to get your life back on track.
What Can I Expect During a Heroin Detox Program?
The purpose of our heroin detox program is to ease your withdrawal symptoms and gradually flush the heroin out of your system. We also have medical personnel on staff that can attend to you if you have a medical emergency. This occurs only rarely, but it is a possibility due to the extreme nature of heroin addiction. Our ARIA staff can also provide medication that lessens the withdrawal symptoms and helps you not crave heroin anymore. Remember that heroin withdrawal is not something to be done at home; rather, a drug addiction treatment program with a heroin detox program is the safest option for you.
Benefits of a Heroin Detox Program
Some of the benefits of a heroin detox program at ARIA include:
- Support from peers in treatment
- Medical staff to help during the heroin detox program
- Medications to detox smoothly
- A modern rehab center in West Palm Beach, Florida
- An experienced team in your corner
Learn More About ARIA’s Heroin Detox Program Today
At Addiction Recovery Institute of America, we want your transition away from heroin addiction to be as painless as possible. We genuinely care about all of our patients’ well-being, and we want you to succeed in recovery. If you are curious about our heroin detox program, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team today by calling 844.973.2641 or completing our online form.