When most people seek treatment that addresses their struggles with substance use disorder, there is seldom one particular approach that is best for them during their entire recovery. This is why it’s important to choose a facility that offers a comprehensive treatment program. The Addiction Recovery Institute of America is an excellent place to start.
What is a Comprehensive Treatment Program?
A comprehensive treatment program takes a holistic view of treating people who suffer from a substance use disorder. There is a heavy focus on providing effective evidence-based treatment that directly supports recovery. However, there are numerous other resources provided as well.
Components of a Comprehensive Treatment Program
For the best comprehensive treatment in FL, look for a facility that provides the following components:
- Detox program: This process, when properly handled by trained professionals, helps the individual stay comfortable and safe while being supported.
- Residential treatment program: Residential treatment programs provide a supervised and safe environment that supports each person’s recovery.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): This option allows clients to live off-site and come to the facility to receive services regularly.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): While you still receive services at the facility, there are focused more on strategies that help prevent a relapse.
- Outpatient treatment program: this flexible and less-intense treatment option allows clients to take care of their family, job, and personal responsibilities while also receiving services that support their recovery.
Related Services That Support Recovery
While various services could make up a comprehensive substance abuse treatment program, not every facility offers every one of these outlined below:
- Educational services — Educational services can range from continuing education to assisting people with obtaining their GED or enrolling in college.
- Child care services — Having a safe and nurturing care location for minor children can be a significant barrier for parents seeking to address a substance abuse issue. Reduced-fee or free child care services can provide them with the stability these parents need to recover and move forward.
- Housing and transportation services — Transitional housing can provide clients with a safe place to live as they continue addressing their sobriety. Or, income-based housing can also assist people as they navigate new jobs. Access to housing and transportation services is a key element of success.
- Vocational services — Training for a new career that is in-demand in the client’s area can assist them as they work toward becoming self-sufficient.
- Mental health services — Mental health issues and substance abuse often go hand-in-hand. Services that address the underlying issues and offer healthy coping skills are vital in recovery.
- Financial services — It can come as a surprise, but a significant number of adults today aren’t sure how to create a budget that allows them to handle their finances effectively. Financial services are important as they help people maximize their assets.
- Family services — While a person struggling with a substance use disorder often feels like they are alone, the opposite is actually true. Their actions affect those closest to them, including their family, friends, coworkers, and others.
- Legal services — Some people have endured legal troubles when they have been struggling with a substance abuse issue. Having connections to resources that can assist and represent them during their legal proceedings can provide them with the help they need to stay on track during recovery.
Contact Addiction Recovery Institute of America
At the Addiction Recovery Institute of America, our evidence-based approach to substance use disorder provides comprehensive treatment in FL. We also provide resources and support for clients and their families. This offers a tailored recovery method that helps each client regain sobriety, health, and happiness. Learn more by reaching out to us online or by calling 844.973.2641 today.