Substance abuse is detrimental in more than one way. It isolates individuals from their families, it can harm employment and destroy savings, and it can ruin romantic and social relationships. However, it can also do lasting harm to a person’s physical and mental health. And because it impairs judgment and increases risk-taking behavior, it can even result in fatality. Like any disease, individuals struggling with addiction need the professional support of a substance abuse treatment center. Of the tens of millions of Americans struggling with substance use problems, only a small percentage will get the help they need. This is why programs like the ones offered at Addiction Recovery Institute of America are so important.
At ARIA, we utilize a combination of evidence-based clinical treatment strategies and more holistic, person-centered approaches to ensure to give our clients the tools they need to achieve long-term recovery.
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT IS STRUGGLING WITH ADDICTION AND YOU WOULD LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR FLORIDA DRUG AND ALCOHOL REHAB CENTER, REACH OUT TO US ONLINE TODAY OR CALL
(844) 973 2611
THE ROLE OF A SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT CENTER
Substance use disorder and alcohol use disorder — sometimes referred to simply as “addiction” — are diseases that affect the chemistry of the brain. It is tempting to believe, as people did for so many centuries, that beating addiction is simply a question of willpower or moral character. Addiction specialists have known for decades that this is a myth. Trying to combat it without professional help is not only unlikely to result in successful recovery — it can also be dangerous, particularly when it comes to detoxification. Each substance leaves the body at a different rate and with varying symptoms of withdrawal. In addition to nausea and vomiting, chills, tremors, and anxiety, these can include seizures, hallucinations, and worse. For these reasons, among many others, it is critical that you not try to quit “cold turkey,” a process referred to by professionals as “self-detox.”At ARIA, we offer a broad range of drug addiction treatment programs that we have designed specifically to meet our clients’ individual needs. Beginning with medically supervised drug or alcohol detox, we ensure that clients are monitored around the clock and are safe and comfortable as they experience withdrawal. This is where programs like the ones at ARIA’s substance abuse treatment center can help.
OUR SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT CENTER AT ARIA
At ARIA, we offer our clients five different drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs that are interconnected and intended to be progressive. Our clients are welcome to start at the very beginning with medical detox, or if their addictions are less severe or if they have already been through more intensive levels of care, they are welcome to begin at any stage. These programs include:
- Detox programs – As toxic, addictive substances leave the body’s systems during medically supervised detoxification, our clients work through their withdrawal symptoms in a safe, supportive environment.
- Residential treatment program – In this program, residents live under supervision in our substance abuse treatment center as they receive intensive treatment.
- Partial hospitalization program – In our PHP, clients live at home or in a sober living facility while continuing to receive the highest standard of care. The PHP is the first step in transitioning back into everyday life drug- or alcohol-free.
- Intensive outpatient program – In ARIA’s IOP, clients continue to receive care in our facility while residing outside of its wall. Here, the focus shifts to putting healthy routines in place and developing strategies for dealing with triggers and stressors that can cause a relapse. Clients also work on developing their social support networks.
- Outpatient Treatment Program – The outpatient treatment program is the most flexible and least intensive of our Florida substance abuse treatment program. Clients can work, attend school, and fulfill family and social obligations as they continue treatment around their schedule.
It is important to keep in mind that not every program is right for every individual. In our initial diagnostic assessment, we will determine in consultation with the clients which level of care is correct. Our expert team will find a level that suits you as we construct your individualized treatment program.
CONTACT THE ADDICTION SPECIALISTS AT ARIA TODAY
You have the power to free yourself from drugs and alcohol. Reach out to the Addiction Recovery Institute of America today using our confidential online form or by calling 844.973.2611 to learn more.