The two most important things a person battling substance use must understand is that they are not alone and that there is hope. Tens of millions of Americans are struggling with addiction every day. Most of them will not seek help, and many of them will face grave health problems. For some, their addiction will prove fatal. If you have tried to stop using drugs and have failed, you know that the disease is isolating and overwhelming, and invades every aspect of your life. With the help of a top-quality drug addiction treatment center, however, individuals can overcome their addictive behaviors and start again. At Addiction Recovery Institute of America, we specialize in providing just this type of support to individuals struggling with substance abuse and their families.
Do I Need a Drug Addiction Treatment Center?
It can be difficult to know whether you need the professional help of a substance abuse treatment program or not. Has your recreational drug use become something more? To help you assess your need, it is a good idea to consult the criteria laid out by the American Psychiatric Association. These criteria include:
- You have engaged in risky behavior while under the influence of drugs, putting yourself or others at risk.
- Your drug use has damaged your romantic, familial, or social relationships or hurt your finances, but you have continued to use them.
- You spend significant amounts of time acquiring, using, and recovering from substances.
- You crave drugs when you are not using them.
- When you have tried to decrease your use or stop, you have failed and/or experienced withdrawal symptoms.
- You have experienced adverse physical effects of drug use but have continued to use them.
If even one of these criteria applies to you or someone close to you, you may be a candidate for a program like the one we offer at our Florida drug addiction treatment center.
What Can I Expect at a Drug Addiction Treatment Center?
When you make the choice to take your first steps on the road to recovery, our experienced, compassionate intake team will begin with a complete assessment of your condition. Only once we have diagnosed your current physical and psychological situation can we create a treatment plan that addresses your individual needs. Your individualized program will almost certainly involve a combination of clinical, evidence-based treatment modalities, and more holistic approaches aimed at treating the whole person.
One of the most important results of this initial assessment is the determination of what level of care suits you best. At ARIA, we are proud to offer the full range of substance use treatment programs, from the most intensive to the most flexible and least intensive. These include:
- Medically supervised detox – In our detox center, our medical staff makes sure that you are safe and comfortable as the toxic, addictive substances leave your body.
- Partial hospitalization program – In our PHP, you will reside at home or in a sober living facility while spending your days in treatment at our Florida drug addiction treatment center.
- Intensive outpatient program – In the IOP, clients receive a high level of care as they prepare to transition back into their everyday lives drug-free.
- Outpatient treatment program – The outpatient treatment program is the most flexible of our drug addiction treatment programs. In it, you spend the majority of your time living at home and working or going to school as usual, while we continue to provide support around your schedule.
Not every one of these programs is right for every client, but with ARIA’s help, you can find the level of care right for you and begin the journey to lasting recovery.
Reach Out to ARIA Today
If you or someone you care about is battling drug addiction, the time to reach out is now. Contact the Addiction Recovery Institute of America online today or call 844.973.2641.